Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Call...

I was laying in bed at 2:51 Utah time wondering why in the world I couldn't get to sleep. I finally decided to get up and go to the bathroom. I came back, layed back down and then my phone rang. As she had predicted weeks earlier and confirmed that afternoon, my sister's baby had decided to come at 3:00 in the morning. I woke up Brian to tell him that I was heading out to Vegas cause Morgan was in labor. This did not go over well, Brian a) was pretty sure I would fall asleep driving, and b) since we had to take the truck was convinced it would break down and I would be stranded in the desert and get picked up by some creep-o, making me a CSI case. So he decided to call out of work and drive down with me. Which was a good idea because about the time we hit Arizona I fell asleep. The truck ran perfectly, and we go there just in time, Henry and Spencer were still sleeping, but Oliver had just come. This meant that Brian missed all things labor related, which was his biggest concern about coming, having to be around when the baby was actually born in a tub of water and grossness, in the next room. We spent the day just hanging out. Morgan was under strict midwife orders to limit her movement so she directed traffic from the recliner while Derek and Brian got some much needed sleep. It was nice to have some sister time. She was sort of loopy cause of all the adrenline from having a baby, and I never did get her to take a decent nap but at least she got to just relax, and Im pretty sure Derek would not have made it all day he looked dead on his feet when I got there. It really was a pretty low key day. Henry and Spencer have horrible allergies so they were even super mellow. It was a good day overall, and Im glad we could be there to help.

5 comments:

Erin said...

You guys are so sweet to go help out! What troopers. I wish we lived closer...

BloggingBills said...

Kelsey Rae, many thanks to you and Brian for going way way beyond the call of duty. That was just wonderful of you guys to help out. I hope you've recovered by now. Much love to all.

-Dad

The Wolford Family said...

Good job kelsey I know morgan appreciated all you're help. I'm glad you're "close" enough to help.

Morgan Hagey said...

And I very much appreciated it. If you ever have a baby and I'm near by I'll come help. :)

BloggingBills said...

You are a terrific sister! Thanks to Brian for driving. He knows you so well!
MA