Wednesday, April 15, 2009

After a month of waiting....

My Praxis scores finally posted! I passed,(I got a 183) which is good because to retake them would have meant 80 dollars and not being able to take the test til June. I can now register for next semester and am one step closer to being done with school at least for a little bit.
Also it snowed in Cedar this morning, I woke up to snow and ice everywhere, it isn't a ton of snow and hopefully it will melt before I have to ride my bike to work, because our car is... STILL at the dealer. The dealer, who because they are so kind (eyeroll), is willing to pay 800 towards a new (technically used) engine for our car. The rest we have to pay. A car that they sold me with said engine problem that was "undectable" and now after 5 times at the dealer they suddenly found. BUT if we really don't want to pay to fix it, we can still drive the car but the engine will probably blow within six months, maybe if we're lucky it will make it a year. Here is what really gets me, Brian told them to give us 3,000 for the car, the value as is currently for a private sale. Then they can either a)put the $1,600 engine in the car, that has 30,000 less miles on it then the current engine and sell the car for $7000, still making a profit. or if they don't want to put the new engine in the car, scrap the car for parts, and since EVERYTHING works and we have had multiple parts replaced trying to get said car fixed they would probably still break even. GRRRRRRR

3 comments:

Erin said...

YAY! I am sooo glad you are done with the Praxis and can move on! Student teaching is so.much.fun. Okay, not really, but at least once it's over you can officially be a "real" teacher! WOO HOO.

AND:

Kelsey or Brian (speaking to the General Manager of the Dealership): "These are the 2 options I am willing to accept, in lieu of speaking to a lawyer about my rights as a consumer and the possibility of a small claims lawsuit. 1. You can exchange this vehicle for a car of equal value. or, 2. You can pay the full cost to replace the defective engine. Which of these two options are you willing to accept?"
End of conversation.

BloggingBills said...

Congrats on your Praxis super score! Your description of your car situation reminds me why I hate cars! They are a necessary evil but evil all the same. I hope things work out for you guys soon! Love ya!
-dad

Morgan Hagey said...

I agree with Nay Nay. 1) congrats on the praxis score! It seems that all the Bills who take the test score really high. Yeah!

About the car, keep your cool and remind the general manager that the sales manager (fix-it manager? who-ever!) said that they probably should not have sold you the car in the first place!

And another praxis comment. It's only over for a while. there's another praxis you get to take when you go from level 1 to level 2 certification. GRRRRR!

MA