Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter!



In order for my story to make sense you will need a little background information. As Wal-Mart started putting out their Easter section about 6 weeks ago. I declared to Brian that I love Easter, which I do. He informed me that he hated Easter and thought it was stupid that we use bunnies and eggs and what not as a way to celebrate the Resurrection. A few weeks later while once again walking past the Easter stuff I asked him if even though he hates Easter if we could still dye eggs. Being the sweet husband he is he agreed. But on one condition I had to explain why I loved Easter. I had to think about it... and I decided that in my mind I always associated Easter with Spring when everything is new, as I got older General Conference always seemed to fall around Easter and that is always motivation to get things in order, start again, reset those goals from January. Plus its just fun! We were supposed to go up north so I just sort of thought we would do Easter fun at Mom and Dad's but then we ended up not being able to go so I was a little disappointed. Anyway moving on.... So on Saturday we went to the grocery store and while there got egg dye. That evening we had to go to wal-mart and Brian informed me that I had to go away for a few min and he would meet me by the red box, he had to get a surprise. This happens between the two of us frequently and despite the fact that it would drive me crazy I agreed. We came home and dyed our nine little eggs, Brian was amazed that if you write on an egg with white crayon the writing shows up. :-). Sunday morning Brian informs me that the Easter Bunny has left me clues to my surprise and I have to find the eggs that the Easter Bunny hid. So I went on an Easter egg hunt. After finding all the eggs Brian tells me that the Bunny has left me my surprise by where one of the eggs was hidden which means I had to remember. In our stash of Wii games I found Wii Music! Which I have been talking about since it came out! You can play over 60 instruments! So that was our Easter, well more so my Easter but it was great! Here are pictures of Brian dying eggs and me with my surprise!




2 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Cute! We dyed eggs for the FIRST time in our marriage this year.

Morgan Hagey said...

We missed you both but I'm glad you had a good Easter.
MA