Monday, November 24, 2008

The Office

One of favorite shows is The Office. For those of you who don't watch it on The Office the boss' name is Michael Scott and he is a bit...quirky. Well he basically is slightly dumb but it is entertaining dumb, even most of the people who work under him realize this and just roll their eyes and smile and nod. Now I wish I could tell you that I was lucky enough to have a boss like Michael Scott for those of you who have seen The Office you probably think I am crazy. However, Michael Scott even in all his stupidity does not come close to my boss. She is an idiot. Now we have always known this but today it hit an all time high on the stupidity meter. Today December calendars came out... Now I said I would work EVERYDAY of Christmas break from 12:30-11:30pm except for the 18th and the 25th-28th. I got scheduled for the 27th-on call, the 28th, and Thursday the 18th. Not counting those shifts I work a total of 3 shifts all of Christmas break and am on call for 4. In three weeks I work 3 shifts. Now to make matters worse at my job according to said boss we schedule according to senority. So those who have been here longest get first pick of shifts. This did not happen. 3 girls who were hired after me have more shifts than I do. One of them, got all but 3 of her shifts covered so far this month and she works a TON, while I am her AN (on call) person. It should be the other way around. I should be working and she should be AN. I said I would work three Saturdays in December and got scheduled for none, meanwhile girl who got all of her shifts covered in Nov works 2 and is AN for 1. Tomorrow my boss and I will be having a little sit down chit chat. Because I am not happy. Now only do I need to work more than that but Brian works everyday but Thursdays from 1:30-10:00, if I don't work it means that I have to sit at home for three weeks which most likely would result in me killing someone...probably my boss.

I know that I should be writing something heart warming and lovely about Thanksgiving and everything I am grateful for but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh dear. She does not sound like the brightest bulb. Sorry you have to deal with that-let us know how it goes!

BloggingBills said...

Remind her of her committment to the first hired is the one who gets what she wants. You may have to write it down for her!

The tree is cute!

Love,
MA