Friday, September 4, 2009

Panic Attack

So this afternoon (about 20 min ago) I went to the campus Wellness Center to make an appointment to get my Ritalin refilled. (Why they won't just do what every other Dr does and put on the prescription do not fill until... and give me 5 months at a time is beyond me). Anyway went to get my Ritalin only to find out that the Nurse Practicioner who can fill the Ritalin had a family emergency and will be gone ALL of next week. Problem I do not have enough Ritalin to get me through a week or even the weekend. The little Secretary did not believe me when I told her I could NOT function with out it. She just smiled that smile that says silly ADHD girl just deal. Except that I am NOT ADHD I am Narcoleptic and have class ALL DAY EVERYDAY... I seriously started to panic right there in the Wellness Center. They may as well have told me I had to have a shot. Just typing this tragic tale is making me shake and have difficulty breathing. Who knew that one little pill could have so much control. Now some of you may be saying to yourselves that I survived for 19 1/2 years I will survive 1 week. Except for 2 things... I slept through class ALOT and now that I am not used to being narcoleptic all the time I struggle with feeling constantly ill, shaky, and having killer headaches. Its going to be a long week. If you don't hear from me by the 16th I didn't survive...

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh dear...oh dear oh dear.
This is no bueno. Did you tell the secretary that you are narcaleptic? Also-sometimes, a pharmacy can authorize an emergency extension of the prescription. Go ask-they'll call and deal with secretary lady until they can get the Dr. on the phone-and it might help to cry just a titch when speaking to the pharmacist. :-)

Morgan Hagey said...

YES! Do what Erin said. Quickly now.

The Wolford Family said...

Yeah I would have them call the NP who tok a week off and have her authorize your perscription then get it filled!!! HURRY HURRY oh wait WAKE UP NOW GO!!!!!

BloggingBills said...

right on! I agree with your sisters. Call your doc and get an emergency refill. Usually Walgreens will give you 3 or 4 days worth if you have your prescriptions there or if the doc calls it in there.

MA

BloggingBills said...

Oh little girl, I'm sorry for such big problems. I'll confirm Erin's advice, I've had Wallgreens give me "emergency" meds on more than one occasion. It was fabulous to see you and Brain this past weekend. Thanks for putting up with us! Much love,
-D