Sunday, September 13, 2009

Never Having Children

After this weekend I have vowed to never have children. I worked 8 hours yesterday and 8 hours today. We have 5 kids in 24 hour care right now... the 4 ages 3-8 are GREAT so cute and so well behaved. HOWEVER the one 1 year old not so great. It isn't her fault she has a cold. You can hear it when she breathes, plus she is getting 2 molars in one on each side her gums are huge and nothing seems to help. So she screams and fusses. She doesn't sleep through the night because of the pain and being sick so she is grumpy all day. She wants to be constantly held and sometimes still screams. I think to myself... I get to go home in a couple of hours but what if you were my kid and I couldn't go home and pass you off???? I would literally go crazy. I don't know how anyone does it. Seriously I HATE it when we have babies come in that are teething. And all babies do it, its not like my kids wouldn't. FINALLY I broke the rules I couldn't listen to her scream any more so I gave her infant tylenol and got 45 min of her sleeping to clean for the next person. We aren't supposed to give kids meds unless mom and dad bring it in with a note saying how much and how often. The problem is this baby is in state custody so no note from mom and dad for her. But she just kept screaming and shaking. And I was going CRAZY. I literally could not get her to be quiet for more than 5 min. So I have decided to never have kids. I have seen enough moms desperate and at their wits end. Enough overwhelmed moms who have disgusting houses because they are just too worn out to clean, and I do not do well when sleep deprived which is sort of how you live being a mom. I get grumpy and mean and completely irrational. so to avoid running the risk of being one of those moms I just won't have babies. We will adopt 3 year olds.

4 comments:

The Wolford Family said...

You know you have a point. Babies are hard. I think you need to wait a few years FOR SURE until you aren't dealing with babies at work and babies at home.

Morgan Hagey said...

Babies are hard. There is NO question.

But like Sarah said, you truly see the extreme BAD. It's different when you're not surrounded by other peoples' bad choices. When you're not working there anymore, perhaps THEN it will be time to re-evaluate.

And I don't think it's bad you gave her tylenol. No one is that child's parent. You did her a favor. Poor baby. :)

Erin said...

Amen. That poor baby. I think you did absolutely the right thing giving her some medicine...poor thing. Did you ever get your background check straightened out?

BloggingBills said...

I'm sorry that you had to deal with so many kids. DOn't let that make you decide you'll never have kids-- somehow you get the strength to deal with your own kids.

Love ya,
MA