Monday, September 21, 2009

Mondays...

Sometimes I wish my week did not start with a Monday morning but if it didn't start with a Monday morning it would start with a Tuesday morning and this post would still exisist it would just be called Tuesdays...Regardless of what day it is that the week starts on it is inevitable to be a long day. Mornings are painful as we all know but that first morning of the week is the worst. It takes me til noon to feel like I am really getting started. I walk around in a daze from about 8-12. Well mostly I sit in a daze because I have class but really my brain just does not want to work on Monday mornings. I always seem hungrier, slower, and grumpier on Mondays. Maybe it is because Mondays are LONG 8 am-11:30 pm is a long day in my book. Maybe it is because I have weekend hangover (different from alcoholic hangover). Who knows but for some reason I struggle. However, somewhere in the daze that was today Math turned out to be the highlight (sickening I know). We took a "pretest" last week in my Math class it was the end of year 6th grade test that students take to determine 7th grade placement. 37 questions if you got 31 or more you dont have to take the final at the end of the semester. Well my teacher put the scores up. One person got a 37... I vaguely remember in my daze thinking that was not me I got a B in the math for elementary school teachers... math is not my strong subject. Well the next thing I know my professor has announced to the class while handing back the tests that I was one that got the 37. So no final for me! That helped the daze lift a little :-) Even though I wish my professor hadn't told the whole class...

6 comments:

Erin said...

You ROCK! I am sorry you are so tired-did you get your meds straightened out?

BloggingBills said...

hahahahaha i know how you feel. Mondays suck! They are super boring, and the weekend is long, so you always forget homework (not like i do or anything!). But they do always seem worse than any other day. It reminds you that you have still 4 more days of school left, and you just want to quit school.
Josh

Megan said...

I totally get the difficulties of Monday. I had a test today and the grogginess would not go away, so i fell asleep while studying, thus defeating the purpose of getting to school by eight so i could prepare for the test.

Lindsay said...

Yay for Kelsey!! Did you know that my blog address changed. It is now adventuringwithlindsay.blogspot.com.
I miss you!

Erin said...

HEY! I am coming to Salt Lake all next week! You should come up (maybe conference weekend?!) and we will party like it's 1999!

BloggingBills said...

I am very proud of you ! Math is the BEST!

Hey, if you know that Monday's are really hard for you, start planning now for how you'll handle Monday mornings at school: it's hard on kids too. Have a joke fest, or do something fun and crazy first thing to wake them up. You'll be the rock star of the school. Kind of like my Friday 'no school tomorrow' dance with the K-state 'claw'. Kids crowd around outside to watch us dance and sing it.