Saturday, January 24, 2009

Breaking Blogging Rules

So I know that blogging twice in less than 30 min is lame but I remembered something I had to say. I was sitting in English on Thursday and it 2010, of which there are about 30 sections all with different writing topics. You can take writing about baseball, shakespeare, satire/humor. Well I ended up in Writing about Sucess. This class is a rah-rah motivational class. We talk about Tony Robins (he's a big motivational guru my father owns many of his tapes) on a weekly basis. The teacher even has similar handwriting to Dad. It is creepy. But on Thursday we were watching a video blog that Tony had but on and he was talking about how to actually make your New Years resolutions come true. For most of the video I sat there thinking... this is a Family Home Evening lesson we had once. But his last "tool" I thought was interesting was to "Give more than you Receive" So if any of you, like myself, at times find yourselves stuck in a rut, or get down on yourselves or maybe can't seem to stick with your goals. Maybe stop thinking about them so much, stop trying to figure out a hobby to fill your time with so you feel less useless, and focus completly on someone else. See what happens.
And yes, I struggled to come to terms with the fact that the rah-rah I have mocked for years has valid points.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I called you...you did not call back. My feelings are hurt...:-)

BloggingBills said...

I'm so glad that you've finally seen the light, the rah, rah light! You go girl!
Love ya,
Dad

BloggingBills said...

Ha ha ha ha ha
or maybe we should say
Rah rah rah rah rah

Love ya,
MA

hurry up and call me back about prom dresses

Erin said...

Prom dresses?