Sunday, October 19, 2008

Life as a Narcoleptic

So I am out of meds, for the next week and a half. I can't get into to see the Doctor on campus til the 29th, and we have no insurance so I will just have to wait. But I had forgotten what it was like to be narcoleptic. With absolutly no drugs in my system helping me stay awake. And let me tell you, not fun! Yestday I could not keep myself awake I kept trying to do my nutrition study guide and just kept falling asleep. Bad news. And now I have been up for 2 hours, studying and doing dishes, eating dinner and I can already tell Im not going to make it much longer, the sleep monster is grabbing hold of my brain and the longer I fight him the more my head hurts, and I know if I fight for too long I eventually just basically fall asleep and start dreaming, but still technically be awake this is much like hullucinating. Now usually I would use Diet Coke/Pepsi in large quantities to help out a little bit, but a very odd thing happened about 4 days ago. Diet Coke lost its appeal, in fact the thought of drinking it made me a little grossed out after drinking diet coke everyday for months and months I suddenly did not want it. All I wanted was pink lemonade (which does nothing to combat the sleep monster). So today for the first time in 4 days I have diet coke, and let me tell you not that great. I drink it only out of desperation, so that i can get homework done. Im not sure what I will do about classes next week because I have class til 3... and I don't think I will be able to stay awake... We shall see. Now I will pay tribute to my old sister. Today is her birthday. Happy birthday sister!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Why thank you for the Birthday wishes! I am sorry you are without medication for the time being...that makes going to school very difficult I would imagine! Hopefully that will get straightened out soon!

Morgan Hagey said...

I'm sorry you have no meds! Take a nap. You'll feel better. :)