Monday, April 12, 2010

Keys

Today was my first day as a long-term sub in the 3rd grade. Stacia (the 3rd grade teacher) had her baby lasy night! Today I was on my own. It wasn't bad at all, it helps that I have been in there for six weeks and basically on my own. But it is nice to not have to run plans or what I think we should do by another teacher. Also, I have my own keys to the school and classroom, and today when the office buzzed our room they asked for Mrs. Harris not Mrs. Leugers. Overall, though the day was pretty typical. Not fist fits, or parts grabbing. Just talkative 3rd graders as alway. Oh I guess on weird thing is that it snowed toay. Really hard. The class has indoor recess for lunch. Whew, its a good thing they get an hour of PE on Monday afternooons to give them a break. Stqacia was really great and got a lot of the year all ready to go, All I have to do is pull out the files and teach the lessons. I am very excited though to be on my own and to get PAID for teaching. WAHOO. And because I am nerdy I lock the classroom door a ton, 1)because it makes me feel cool, to have keys and 2) there is a cleptomanica in the 4th grade... literally its part of her IEP/health plam. Hopefully the rest of the year goes smoothly!

3 comments:

The Wolford Family said...

Good for you kelsey!! I hope you enjoy your REAL JOB!! Hey they opened up a 6th grade teacher position here.....

Erin said...

I'm so glad you get to be paid to work now! What a blessing! :-) Also, if you go to Manila, you could be Michaela's teacher and OH MY GOSH that would be SO FUN! You two would be hilarious. Nothing would ever get done. :-)
I loved, I mean, LOVED having keys when I first started teaching. Of course, being me, I lost them with astonishing frequency, but still. Loved it....yay for a real job!

BloggingBills said...

Good for you Sweet Kelsey Rae. I hope you enjoy the last day as much as the first! Love you lots!
-dad