Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break!

Spring Break is FINALLY here. It was so nice last night to not have to set my alarm. The weather is perfect for a spring break. Warm, and sunny. I have a mountain of school work to catch up on but still to be able to have some time to breathe is nice. Brian has Friday and Saturday off so we are going to just play all weekend. Also in good/sad news. Marley has found a new home. My boss' daughter and husband were looking to get a dog. They came up on Saturday and met Marley and will be coming tomorrow morning to get her. It is sad that she is going but we hope it will be better for her. Not wanting to send her away stinky I gave her a bath which should be an olympic sport. See you have to get in the shower/bath with her and basically hold her in place while you soap her up and then attempt to rinse her off, usually I use a cup but I forgot to grab one so I had to actually turn on the shower to rinse her off. She did not like this she kept trying to get out of the shower. Once we were done I let her go which meant shaking water all over the bathroom and running around the house. Now she is out on the balcony in the warm sun being mad at me for the horrible thing I did to her. *eyeroll* I wish her new family the best of luck, she certainly has a lot of personality.

2 comments:

BloggingBills said...

Kelsey, I'm sorry to hear of Marley's departure but congratulate you and Brian on doing such a brave thing for her. I'm sure she's going to a great family where she'll be happy. Love ya lots!
Dad

Erin said...

I am sorry Marley had to go to a new home; I agree with dad though-it sounds like she's going to a happy home!
Glad you are enjoying spring break...I don't get a spring break...I work constantly...sigh.