Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Sad Realization

So Brian and I have come to the realization that Marley needs a new home. She has severe seperation anxiety, not normal puppy being left anxiety but real seperation anxiety. For example today I went to class for 1 hour, Brian was home with her the whole time. And when I came home she would not let me leave her sight. I went to the bathroom and she threw herself against the door and cried. Example two, I took the garbage out and in the course of 1 min she had frantically scratched at the carpet in front of the door. So she will be going to new home where she is NEVER alone not even for 2 hours. A girl that I work with boyfriend we think is going to take her, he is home all day and works nights, at which point she is home while Marley sleeps. Sigh, it is sad but hopefully this will be better for her and less stress on her poor little puppy brain.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Poor puppy; but I think you are right, it sounds like it is not healthy (or good for the apartment) to leave her home alone and that can't really be avoided with your schedules. :-(

BloggingBills said...

I think you are doing what is best for Marley. Even if it's hard, it's best for her.

MA

Morgan Hagey said...

Yup, an unhappy puppy is not something you want. Sounds like it's time. Good luck, I hope your friend can take her!

Kemille said...

You both know that I think it is a good idea. I am sorry - she is so cute. It really will be for the best though.