Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Long Week

It has been a very long week. For school we went to schools in St. George. We each got assigned a teacher and spent Monday-Thursday in their classroom. Well this means having to be in St. George at 8:30 every morning. Which means leaving around 7:45. Which is early for me. Monday night I worked from 5:30-11:00 and it was the worst night at work ever. I didn't help that I worked Saturday and Sunday, or that we had 3 of the worst kids ever in shelter. Seriously think the Herdmans, just violent and rude, and difficult. I was kicked, punched, yelled at, sworn at. It was not fun. At 8:45 I called Brian and made him come in. Sunday and Monday work dissolved me to tears. Tuesday was the guilt trip staff meeting. 2 hours of how hard of a life these kids have had and how we have to love and respect them (I really just wanted to spank them). But going to St. George was good. I actually got to teach Math on Wednesday. Its always nice to have the chance to actually teach and have someone watch so they can give feedback. And now Im done! No school tomorrow or Monday!! Nice long weekend and Im officially half way through the semester. :-)

3 comments:

BloggingBills said...

Baby, I am so sorry you had a rough day/week. Did you get a card from me yet? It might be your late anniversary card.

Like I said on the phone, make copies of the lessons you teach and the comments you collect. You have to have a portfolio to get level 2 certification in Utah and rave reviews from teachers really helps.

Love ya,
MA

Morgan Hagey said...

Man. Rough week! I'm glad you get a long weekend. You should come VISIT! Brian can fix my padiddle cuz I still haven't done it, and tonight a guy on a Harley was telling me I needed to get it fixed.

COME! PLEASE! IT'LL BE SO FUN!

Erin said...

Wow-that is a craptastic week! I think you should go visit Morgan. It'll be super fun! And, coming here is probably too far. :-) Hope today and next week is better!