Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week. At the beginning of November I thought about doing something to think about what I was thankful for each day. I thought about it, but it didn't happen. I spent pretty much the last month and a half thinking about myself. It's interesting what it takes sometimes to get us out of our own little bubble of a world. Saturday was sort of "blast from the past" day. I spent it with one of my best friends, we hung out "like old times". I was reminded that we all have different things going on in our lives. Good things and bad things. It's not that one person's life is better or worse than mine, just different. This dear friend of mine reminded me that all too often we try to plan and control every aspect of our lives. When things don't go according to our plan we get upset. We get impatient and frustrated when things don't happen on our time table. Maybe, we need to give things time and enjoy what we have right now. So today I am grateful for old friends, perspective, and embracing the moment.

No comments: