Friday, July 6, 2012

Life in General

Lets see a quick recap of life:
June: 
  • Brian's 30 year old knee decides running sand dunes in FL is not acceptable- He gets reclassed to a new job no more diver :-( It was very depressing couple of days. 13B-Big Cannon Crew Member here we come
  • Finish school, move a whole lot of stuff into our storage unit. 
  • Parents leave for Samoa: Day 1 of them being gone does not go well
  • Brian goes to Fort Sill Oklahoma for training 5 weeks 3 days. We are very lucky he got to start his new training so quickly. He now should get 10 days off after graduation on Aug 10th. Wahoo! 

July: 
  • I attempt to keep the house clean while my parents are away. I vacuum, I do dishes, and then do it again. 
  • I go to Provo to get my brother who missed the bus the night before and crashed with some kids he met a few weeks ago at orientation. 
  • We celebrate the 4th of July! My favorite holiday. We manage to uphold all family traditions such as BBQ, 1776, and even fireworks. We may have done fireworks at 11:30 at night and had my mother been here she would have had heart attack. BUT no one died or got burned and we had a bucket of water. I also went to the Real Salt Lake Game with Alli, the game was frustrating but we got a pretty good fireworks show afterwards. 
  • We have a sibling outing and get ice cream. Then we go home and decide to finish 1776 except we didn't start it until 11:00. None of us saw the whole movie. 
  • 7:30 this morning Molly wakes me up insisting to go out. While stumbling back downstairs to go back to bed, I am stopped by Provo bound brother who has missed the bus and needs to go to his 9:00 o'clock class. Sigh, I take him. 
I'm deciding the whole domestic, housekeeper, soccer mom is not a good idea. I don't cook (I burned frozen pizza last night), the cleaning is not happening, and I hate driving.

1 comment:

BloggingBills said...

Okay soccer mom, here's the scoop.
1. Josh misses the bus, sucks to be him. Don't give him a ride. Choices have consequences and driving to Provo is not an option. We'll let Josh be an adult and face the consequences.
2. Cleaning. Don't. Take care of your stuff and don't worry about the pigs who are your brothers. I'd post a chart, do your part and let the rest slide. As long as the outside of the house, IE the yard looks sort of presentable, no prob bob. I'll wail on them when I get home, and wail I will.
3. We appreciate all you are doing. It's a pain being a parent to adult boys, and you are doing a stellar job. Don't stress cuz we aren't.
4. We also love you a lot!
MA